Twin Falls School District: School Library Policies
If you are not accompanied by a teacher, student ID is required before school, during school and after school.
Use student ID and touchscreen to scan in and out of the library.
1. Information: The School Library is open 7:15 am to 4 p.m. On Fridays and holidays the library closes shortly after the end of school. Come find some great books, electronic resources to help you with your homework, or a quiet place to study.
2. Resources: District school libraries provide books and materials for check-out and many services online. Refer to the Research & Online Resource tab for a list of the websites and login information. Computers are provided in the library to assist students in completing homework; use the school district provided Power School to check grades. Using the computers for activities not directly related to school work is prohibited. Examples of activities not allowed are games and social networks.
3. Check-out: A current student ID/activity card is required to check-out any materials. You are responsible for each item checked-out on your card. Do not check-out for any one else. Books and materials are checked-out for 3 weeks. To renew: Each item can be renewed one time either online or bring the checked-out item back to the library. Maximum check-out is 3 items at one time. [Be very careful about due dates]. You may also use the barcode that you have generated on your cell phone to check-out a book.
4. Fines: Fines are $.10 per school day for each item overdue. Fines will not exceed the cost of the book. No check-out is allowed if the account has any overdue materials and/or fines. All overdue materials must be returned and fines paid before checking new items out or renewing.
5. Lost? Books overdue 30 days will be automatically marked as lost and the cost of the book will be due as a fine. Should the lost book be returned within the same semester, the overdue fine of at least $5.00 will be charged. Refunds for lost books will be given.
6. Library Account: Library accounts can be viewed by opening the Destiny Library PAC [Public Access Catalog] located on this high school library website. Click on the tab "Destiny" Use your mytfsd.org email log-in to create your account.
7. Library Entry: Student ID is required before school, during school and after school, if you come without
your teacher. Use student ID and touchscreen to scan in and out of the library. If you use another student's
school ID card, that ID card could be confiscated and 'jailed' until a 'get out of jail' fee of $5.00 is paid.
Don't share ID cards!!!! Remember you can use the barcode that you have generated on your cell phone to
scan in and scan out and also to check-out a book.
8. Expectations: Dress code is enforced. No phone calls in the library. Any phone call must be done outside
of the building. No food allowed. No drinks allowed.
9. Help? Library staff is available to help with questions or finding resources. Please ask.